Re: Bugeye Sprites w/ 1275cc at SVRA

To: pmeis@bgsm.edu, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Bugeye Sprites w/ 1275cc at SVRA
From: Wrtr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 18:25:00 -0500 (EST)

>Kevin, you have got the right attitude for sure. I would love to hear more
>about the Chrysler project. A replica lf an early American LeMans
>competitor really stirs my blood. Good for you! I'm insanely jealous.
>Paul Meis

Hi Paul:
Thank you for your kind words. I guess it isn't always easy to not choose to
build the fastest car you can, and sometimes you feel a bit like a martyr,
but the fun and the history is really what we should be foccussed upon.

LeMans, Spa, Mille Miglia, Spanish grand Prix, all those were events the
Chryslers ran in the twenties and thirties. And that's exactly my plan for
the Chrysler. A LeMans replica. It is a rumble seat roadster as would have
been used at LeMans, had Chrysler run in 1927. They did of course run in 1928
(3rd and 4th overall) and 1929 (5th and 6th I think) and I too have always
wanted to run a car like that. I figure about two years to do the
restoration...The group one guys at VSCDA (pre-war and british vertical
radiator) are a good bunch, some even drive their MG TCs to the track! Good
racing too, but always with a bit of a margin...

Kevin Clemens
1952 MGTD )oh so stock)
1927 Chrysler Model 70 LeMans
1960 Volvo 544 Sport (Rally car)