RE: Summit Point Zoning Woes

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Summit Point Zoning Woes
From: Sadek Charles H DLVA <SadekCH@nswc.navy.mil>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 18:05:09 -0500
         A couple of years ago, Bill Scott mentioned he wanted to build
another track (the third) on the land to the side where his garages are.  He
said he owned the property to the corner.  Perhaps he does want to expand
and that has caused the uproar.
        Having raced a couple of times at Roebling Roads, those homes are a
lot closer than any I know of around SP.  I would think Bill ought to
consider a noise rule, whatever is reasonable, with a proviso that so many
non-restricted events per year may be allowed.  I wonder about the noise the
motorcycles make-and the impression their crowds make on the neighbors.
        I suggest we each offer to assist Bill in whatever way he would like
and perhaps, for those of you who are attorneys, provide some initial
counsel at no cost....I know...don't want to start anything here.
        Bill is one of the nicest people I have met and is present for the
races and the dinners.  He let me bring my car to the track to run up and
down the front straight to try to find a problem when I was first sorting
the car, on a weekday, at no cost, when they were paving the curbs at the
track.  He is not an absentee landlord.  We need to help him.

Chuck Sadek
YS 73
Fredericksburg, VA