Re: timing

To: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>, "v8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: timing
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 00:24:34 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I guess you caught me in a little mis statement.  It is true that if there
were no airflow in the engine bay the car would overheat.  Obviously I have
airflow as engine temps are very agreeable,  again you are correct that I
really want airflow over the top of it.  One of the listers on mgs suggested
the louvers, even though they would be inflow, would create airflow in the
area I covet.

That is an interesting idea about the wheel arch box sections but I don't
think you would move sufficient air without opening the area up to the
outside of the car, and I think that would just cause more bad then good.
As I said, I don't know for sure but I think the wheel arches are high
pressure areas.

I wish I was such a person that would ever get around to mapping the airflow
over the car but I doubt I will ever get around to it.  I think that there
are some interesting airflow patterns on the sides of the car, as under
certain conditions, namely with one window down, I can smell the exhaust
from my sidepipes being sucked into the cabin.  With all windows open or
with all closed I don't smell anything, I would like to figure this out one
day, but it is just easier to crack another window then worry about the aero
on the sides of a street car.

James Nazarian
71 MGB Tourer
71 MGBGT V8