Re: was timing, now Engine Compartment Hot Air Exit

To: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>, "v8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: was timing, now Engine Compartment Hot Air Exit
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 00:48:20 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Paul, I measured the temperature of the carb body this morning.  It was 80F
outside with moderate humidity (it was early); the car was running steadily
at 180F and the temperature of the carb body was 140F.  This seems inline
with what you said you see, but it still seems high to me.

Since I haven't heard anything against the change in airbox design, I'm
going to put it on the top of my list and see where I end up from there.

Also, I picked up a new pair of points today and they feel much stiffer then
the old ones; I haven't had a chance to swap them in yet, hopefully in the
morning before I head off to work so I can see what that might do for my
miss.

James Nazarian
71 MGB Tourer
71 MGBGT V8