Re: was timing, now Engine Compartment Hot Air Exit

To: "Paul Willoughby's Home" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>, "v8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: was timing, now Engine Compartment Hot Air Exit
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 00:33:34 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I read in a summit racing tech tip that when placing a cowl induction scoop
you should align the opening roughly 1-2"s from the windscreen in order to
take full effect of the high pressure area in front of it.  As one lister on
the mgs list pointed out, and I referenced earlier, louvers or lifting the
rear bonnet may be inflow of air but it is in an area that is largely devoid
of airflow, so that may be why it helps.  That said, I have heard people who
have done it say that it acts as a full time windscreen defroster so maybe
it is somewhat car specific?

James Nazarian
71 MGB Tourer
71 MGBGT V8