Re: Buying in

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Buying in
From: Jon Callas <jon@callas.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 19:48:31 -0800
Thanks to everyone who wrote. I'll give some more information.

I live in the Bay Area, in San Jose, and consequently will get a lot of
good driving time. I know that the other engine is a lot of fun, too -- I
already have one of those engines, it just happens to be in a Land Rover
Defender 90 Station Wagon. I went looking for a +4 because one of my goals
was to have a fun car that gets better milage than the D90.

The car we are getting is #6283, a two-seater in BRG (we includes Tamzen
Cannoy, to whom I'm married). We're getting it from Los Gatos, and are
being sold it by Dennis Glavis, who is the president of the local owner's
group.

We've taken it to a mechanic one of my LR friends recommended, and it's
been given the once-over. It's going to get fixed up and then we'll get it.

I'll be ordering shop manuals post haste, and looking at all sorts of other
books.

I have another quick question -- why are Morgans called Mogs? I can
understand MOG as Morgan Owners' Group, but why for the car itself?

        Jon