RE: Stock Classing (was: Marque Clubs)

To: Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com, roadsterboy@earthlink.net
Subject: RE: Stock Classing (was: Marque Clubs)
From: "Karl Rickert" <alfakarl@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 01:20:02 GMT
>From: "Kevin Stevens" <Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com>
>Autoxers buy the cars they buy because they expect them to be >competitive
>in their class.

>Stock class drivers turn their cars over relatively quickly anyway, I
> >imagine the mode would be 2-3 years.

Maybe you do! But some of us would like to hang on to the classics that we
drive and would like to continue to autocross against the "competitive"
cars. Heck, my old '74 Alfa (34th out of 54) did just as well as your '99
Vette (32th out of 53) at Nationals. And wasn't that a 14 year old Vette
that came in 5th?

The "7 year" rule would cause many a member and owner of old classic cars to
stop autocrossing and eventually quitting the SCCA. If it were in effect
this year at Nationals, CS would have had about 5 cars instead of 54.

Karl Rickert "AlfaKarl"
Y2K Team.net DTN
Dixie Region Asst Regional Executive
Dixie Region Solo2 Chairman