Re: Its getting cold: Heater operation

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Its getting cold: Heater operation
From: Eric Miller <ebuzz@teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 20:20:06 -0800
I am having the opposite problem.  I finished my 4a restoration at the
start of the summer and am just needing the heater now, but I can't get any
heat out of it.  I have a 160 degree thermostat, the temp gauge comes up to
normal pretty fast and stays there, but the heater fan just blows cold air.
 I installed a new heater valve  during the restoration, and assume it is
working correctly.  The heater core was flushed and is not blocked it any
way.  I don't have a sleeved thermostat.  Could it be that not enough hot
coolant is flowing through the bypass hose because of this?  Maybe the
heater valve it defective?  Any thoughts?

-Eric Miller