Re: Its getting cold: Heater operation

To: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Its getting cold: Heater operation
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 19:34:05 -0700
Scott Tilton wrote:

> I was monkeying with the heater in the old TR-4 . . . trying to get some more
> heat out of it and closed the fresh air flap / scoop / trap door / scuttle ..
> whatever you want to call it . . . . I realize I wouldn't get the ram air
>effect
> this way . .but then again when it gets to be REALLY cold out . . .I'd rather
>be
> heating 50 degree air from inside the car than sucking in 20 degree air to
>heat
> from in front of the windshield.

With a 180F stat in my TR4 I think I get the most heat with the scuttle vent
open.
Even in really cold temps -- we enjoyed low teens a couple weeks back -- it's
plenty warm. During 'normal' winter driving I don't use the fan at all as the
vent
pushes plenty of heat. My backseat passengers still use a fleece blanket for
some
reason.

--
Steven Newell