Re: Its getting cold: Heater operation

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Its getting cold: Heater operation
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 13:25:41 -0800 (PST)
--- Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Its getting cold out there these mornings.

snip  snip  snip

> TR4A) you have the 'fresh air vents' in the front of the dash which also
> connect to the plenum.  The side effect is you CAN recirculate the air inside
> the cabin with the scoop closed.
>
> Make sense?
> =====
> Raymond L. Hatfield

Yeah it makes sense . . .  I mean .. I understand it.

What I don't get is why they changed it for the TR6?

I mean, sure those eyeball vents are pretty nifty.
Aim them where ever you want and the close up nice and tight.
Perhaps one weakness is they don't let as much air through as the big square
TR4 vents.

But, the eyeball vents in a TR6 aimed at your face and lap can still only
provide cold / fresh air.   right?  Yes It can be fan forced air incase you are
sitting at a stoplight and need a wimpy breeze blowing at you I suppose.

The TR4 couldn't fan force air at your face.
big deal.

Would somebody please step up and defend the TR6 heater / ventilation system?

:-)

Scott Tilton