Re: Hi New to the List

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hi New to the List
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 16:10:35 -0500

Chris Herring wrote:

> However, Sunrider, who made the original query, drives a Miata, which DOES
> use a hucentric wheel, making it very critical IMHO.

I knew he was talking about a Miata... I didn't know Miatas were
hubcentric.  Perhaps the Miata joint that's selling these wheels sells
them with better rings?  I was really unimpressed with the plastic ones
that I got with mine.  Can't imagine them actually serving any purpose
other than perhaps making it easier to get the wheel lined up on the
studs.

> Not *that* much heavier than a factory Miata alloy!   ;)

What's a factory 15x6 Miata alloy weigh?  My Saturn 15x6's weighed about
15.8 lbs.  Dropping that to 11.5 lbs made a world of difference.

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://home.kscable.com/shad
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca