Re: Katie Kelly protest (protestors side)

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Katie Kelly protest (protestors side)
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 18:11:24 -0500

Kevin McCormick wrote:

> To close with, I know that many are disappointed in my actions - and I
> understand that.  What disappoints me are those that I considered friends
> who did not ask for my side and made assumptions.

Hearing your side of the story, I understand where you were coming
from.  My only disappointment stems from the fact that you didn't
arrange this with Katie first.  You could have told her way before she
packed for the trip, "Hey, Katie, to get clarification on some items,
I'm going to protest you on these items at Nationals.  You're car's
legal, right?"  Or better still, you could have had her or someone else
protest YOU for these items.  Wouldn't you have felt like shit if, by
some strange twist of fate, her car had been found illegal and she lost
her trophy over your desire to get clarification?

What really upsets me (if it's true, haven't heard Katie's side of the
story yet) is that you apparently let Katie sit there in a panic
stressing over this protest as they took her car apart.

There are so many ways you could have done this that would have been
better.

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://home.kscable.com/shad
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca