Re: Katie Kelly protest (protestors side)

To: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>, "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Katie Kelly protest (protestors side)
From: Thomas Smith <tasmith@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 17:53:05 -0500
Loren Williams wrote:

> What really upsets me (if it's true, haven't heard Katie's side of the
> story yet) is that you apparently let Katie sit there in a panic
> stressing over this protest as they took her car apart.

I hate to break it to you but this is an unfortunate byproduct of the protest
system. I was protested last year and I fail to recall anyone being "upset" at
the stress I endured while sitting in protest. Would you have been "upset" for
Kevin if he had been protested by Katie? I doubt it. Come on people! Nationals
is an important event to many drivers and the protest process is an important
part of ensuring fairness.

I also feel that Katie drove a fantastic race and made a point of telling her
so.

Tom Smith