Re: Katie Kelly protest (protestors side)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Katie Kelly protest (protestors side)
From: Karl Witt <witt@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 20:36:33 -0400
At 04:16 PM 9/20/99 -0500, Rocky Entriken wrote:
>(Just how does one file a protest that is not upsetting to the protestee, no
>matter how? A question demanding a Solomonic answer, but I ain't no Solomon.
>I'd offer this feeble attempt: The protestor himself informs the protestee
>of his intentions, thus opening instead of closing a line of communication
>between the two [or at least attempting to].)

I think the correct answer was already given by somoeone else in this
thread (sorry, but i don't remember who) and that would have been to set
his own car up in such a way to get the clarification that he wanted, ask
someone protest him, and take the hit if it was found illegal instead of
offering up someone else with a presumed legal car.

Point 2: those of you on the "why are you picking on the girl" kick (yes, i
know a lot of you are joking, bu those that mentioned it in seriousness...)
as someone pointed out, katie was the highest placing non 99 miata, so I
assume that's what made her the target (99s don't have this issue if i
remember right), not the fact that she has 'different equipment'

Point 3: A lot of people seem to be getting their noses out of joint on
this one. While i didn't have the pleasure of meeting katie this week, and
therefor don't know how she feels about it...even if i did, i'd say she's
the only one that should be deciding if Kevin's a bad guy or not right now.
Kevin was within his rights as a competitor regardless of his reason for
doing it, and it's rather disruptive of our 'self-policing' system if
people feel they have to worry about taking heat for excersizing their
rights. The only person kevin should have to answer to here is Katie.

Nuff said, i'll know i'll be corrected if i'm wrong...
Karl Witt
98 Z28
71 ESP
NER