Re: Katie Kelly protest (protestors side)

To: "Loren Williams" <Loren@kscable.com>, "autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Katie Kelly protest (protestors side)
From: "David Hawkins" <otgrouch@twosrus.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 19:11:58 -0500
>Hearing your side of the story, I understand where you were coming
>from.  My only disappointment stems from the fact that you didn't
>arrange this with Katie first.  You could have told her way before she
>packed for the trip, "Hey, Katie, to get clarification on some items,
>I'm going to protest you on these items at Nationals.  You're car's
>legal, right?"  Or better still, you could have had her or someone else
>protest YOU for these items.

This is what I've been thinking all day, but since my other account can't
post to the list I didn't mention.  A protest simply for a rules
clarification
should have been coordinated beforehand.  What if it the car had been
JUST outside the acceptable limits?  The protested person would have
had a chance to fix it prior to nationals if it had been brought up at a
regional or divisional event.  Regardless of the afterthought, or how
well intended the protestor, this just had too much potential to do more
harm than good.  If it's something planned before hand (which Kevin
has stated this was), it should have been discussed with Katie.

Personally, I agree most with the previous post about putting the struts
that had the same condition back on your car and protesting yourself.
If you lose, you got your clarification and hurt no one but yourself.

David 'I sat at home and didn't even think about nationals' Hawkins
93 Mr2T EM
93 Mr2T AS
85 Mr2 CSP
86 Cressida HS