Re: ST tire options

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ST tire options
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 18:47:44 -0500

Judy Becker wrote:

> Speaking of tires....wouldn't it be nice to have a truly stock class with
> truly stock (non-r, possibly above 240 wear rated) streeet tires?

Whoa... time out.  240 treadwear?  That's pushing it.  Those are the
tires that people are referring to when they talk about street tires
chunking when you autocross on them and such.  I wouldn't advocate that.

And I'm not even going to touch the "true stock" idea.  It's way too
sensitive of an issue... and I'm in too deep already! (besides, I have
no intention of competing in such a class)

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://home.kscable.com/shad
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca