Re: ST tire options

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ST tire options
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 18:57:53 -0500

dg50@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:

> Guess what? The stock OEM tires - not even special exotic tires, I mean the
> plain-Jane Goodyear all-weather RSAs - were MORE expensive per tire than the
> Kumhos I now race on.

Probably so, but they were not the only option.  There were probably
better street performance options available in the same size for less
money.

> But as soon as you start wanting to win, or as soon as you start competing
> regularly, street tires are a false economy.

You really should state your opinions as opinions and not fact.

I want to win, and I have won Regional E Stock on street tires, among
other things. (if I wanted to win our current E Stock or any other well
subscribed R-tire class, I would have to buy the R-tires... but that's
not the class I want to win, and I don't need those tires to win the
class I'm currently competing in)  I compete regularly, about twice a
month from April through November.  Street tires are VERY economical for
me.  IN MY OPINION, this would hold true for a lot of people, but not
for everyone.

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://home.kscable.com/shad
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca