Re: ST tire options

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ST tire options
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 12:25:59 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, Loren Williams wrote:
> > Race tires - especially in the 16-17 inch riceboy sizes - are a bargin.
>
> Yeah, but you can't drive them on the street.

But AVS's with 2/32" of tread are a lot better, right?

:-)

I wonder how many "serious" folks don't run ST precisely because the tires
are an unknown and expensive quantity?  I wonder how many folks oppose
having ST & STR (which differ only in what rubber you put on the rim)
simply because they feel there are already too many classes.

You're welcome to your opinion that street tires rule.  But please don't
presume to tell me that I can't have an opinion simply because I don't run
your class, particularly if some dorky street tire rule is one of the
reasons why!

Not that I have an opinion. :-)

Mark