Re: the whole NT/participation thing

To: Hottvr@aol.com
Subject: Re: the whole NT/participation thing
From: Stephen Bernard <solo-2@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 00:04:13 -0400
> << I know I'm not even close to good
>  enough to even think about running at Topeka. >>
>
> I think that after this statement I can speak for everyone who has
> ever  been(To the Nats).
> Just go, its not about were you finish. Its all about having a great
> time and  seeing
> a bunch of people who have flamed the shit out of you on this
> list!!!!!!!

LOL! Yeah the Tour here was great and sure I came in 13th
but I had a really sore arm (real PITA when you try to remove
a caliper the wrong way with 30 minutes or so to grid.)
I wouldn't have traded that experience for anything.
Well it would have been better if the stud hadn't broken....
But other than that it was great! even with sun poisioning,
broken stud on the car, not walking the big A (shoelace) course
etc... I had a blast!
Topeka is a real commitment for me and if I feel I'm good enough
to finish 1 above DFL I might go.
Flames yeah well I'm not in ESP...... (couldn't resist)

> Seriously Its not how well you drive or don't drive.Its a blast just
> too go!!!! This will
> be my third year driving. I went the two years before that just to
> watch and
> crew for people I knew. Never say "I'm not good enough to go to
> Topeka"

Ok how about I'm too poor for Topeka. :)
Maybe next year tho although from what I hear it'll eat a set
of tires for that one event. That is a bit expensive.
You CM guys don't have the weight to completely chew up
a fresh set at Topeka do you?

> because if you do you will never be good enough. Once you go to an
> event like the Nats, Nothing be the same again.

Yeah, I hear you Mike, the Tour was like that for me.
Maybe in the new Millenium I'll go, at least I'll have a few more
events under my belt.

Steve Bernard
Red '99 Miata (B-Stock)
NER Region (Novice Class)