Re: the whole NT/participation thing

To: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>, "John Eagan" <johneagan@toltbbs.com>,
Subject: Re: the whole NT/participation thing
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 23:59:42 -0500
From: Rick Brown <free2000@quixnet.net>

>From: John Eagan <johneagan@toltbbs.com>
>
>> If you want a "taste of the Big
>> Time" (such as THAT may be), do a divisional event when one comes near
>> you.

They don't *come* near me.

>> I'd
>> probably be well down the results even with a suitable ride.

Actually, I'd be faster in my own car, ratty as it looks.  I take FOREVER to
get the placement of the car figured out.

>> I wondered if people were wondering what
>> the hell the deal was with the goofball running HS in a ratty old Sentra
>> on lame street tires.

>Can't agree with this.

What he said.  I saw several car/driver combos that were severely out of
their depth.  The drivers seemed to having a good time, and I don't see
there is a thing wrong with that.  This is not road-racing.  The slow guy
does not endanger anybody.

>It was great, the evening events were great.  I recommend
>it to anyone at least once.

I'll always remember it, whether or not I ever get back again.

>I just don't think our sport needs to restrict
>participation, just figure out ways to better handle what we get.

I concur.

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban
"If I can do it, it's not art"  - Red Green