Re: the whole NT/participation thing

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: the whole NT/participation thing
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 11:51:55 -0700
My 2 cents from someone lurking in the foreground:

ANYONE that autocrosses and wants to run a Tour and can afford to do so,
should have as much ability to do so, regardless of their driving level
or years in the sport. It boggles my mind to consider otherwise.

As Eric posted: "Event limits should be based on first
come, first served. If you register too late, too bad".

Exactly! That is totally fair, and I am speaking as someone who waits
until the last minute to sign up, and have missed some events because of
it. Figure out the max number of entrants you can handle and assign the
cut off for it.

What might occur is that savvy autocrossers will see that they should
sign up before the season even starts, or as soon as possible. Sign up
for all the events they may possibly run, and then cancel as the dates
approach. That could cause more problems as events artificially and
erroneously fill up months in advance. This may require some penalty for
cancellations? I don't know if a small fee would change my decision to
do this.

P.S. I am still in a trophy sport for team.net, but I expect Scott
Zediker to pass me soon. My first loss to a CS Miata! :-)

P.P.S. My license plate: "SPINS"  I think it's fitting. The most fitting
one, would not fit on the plate: "TAKES OUT ROWS OF PYLONS"...

Randy Chase "Dances With Cones"