Re: Scales at Mid-Div

To: "Sam & Greg Scharnberg" <samandgreg@qwest.net>,
Subject: Re: Scales at Mid-Div
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 09:53:59 -0500
Sam & Greg Scharnberg wrote:

> I have read the Solo II rules more than once but probably not
as often as you
> do.

FWIW, I look at 'em every year to identify what's different from
last year. The rule about scales has been in there as long as my
rulebooks go back (1987). Every Divisional in which I have
competed - or helped organize - has provided scales in Impound.
They have also complied with the required procedure of verifying
minimum weights of Prepared and Mod cars after their runs each
day. It's never been a big deal as far as I could tell, just
something you did because the rules required it. And because the
P and M competitors expected it. I was a bit surprised to hear
that a Division didn't see that particular rule as important
enough to follow.

> I suggest that if you or anyone has a problem with how MiDiv
conducts
> their events, they should download an entry form and enter the
event.
> Then, as
> a competitor they can file a protest concerning the conduct of
the event.

Is this particular rule special, or are there any other rules in
the book that you just can't be bothered with?

Jay