Re: Scales at Mid-Div

To: <jemitchell@compuserve.com>, <samandgreg@qwest.net>, <dave@wcsllc.net>,
Subject: Re: Scales at Mid-Div
From: Quicktime469@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 11:37:18 EDT
Jay,
I have tried to be a silent observer during this discussion about scales.  As a
regional only driver at this point, maybe my opinion doesn't count to someone
like you, but the St. Louis Region, which is hosting this May divisional, is
one of the best organizations I've seen.

While, you may want scales, and from what I am hearing they will be there, the
point to remember is that SCCA is supposed to be a group of individuals who are
all pursueing a hobby that they enjoy.

Last years event was exceptionally well run, organized, and just a lot of fun
for all the competitors. I  talked with racers from Florida, Arkansas, Indiana,
Illinois, and Colorado.  They all said that the event last year was the best
event they had been to.  Remember also that last year was the St. Louis Regions
first divisional event in many years.

A comment like this:  "Is this particular rule special, or are there any other
rules in the book that you just can't be bothered with?"  doesn't help make an
organization better.  Maybe with your experience you can help our region become
better.  But sarcasm is not normally the way to handle that.

Sorry, just felt a need to defend my region.  We have come a long way in just
the couple of years that I've been autocrossing.  If you want to help fine, but
criticism isn't the right way to make something better.