RE: Scales at Mid-Div

To: "'Jay Mitchell'" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>,
Subject: RE: Scales at Mid-Div
From: knuckledragger@kcweb.net
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 10:09:41 -0500
.. or are there any other rules in
the book that you just can't be bothered with?

Jay
=============================
Yup.  No buttheads allowed.

Seriously, we just don't have a problem with cheating here in the MiDiv.
Interpretive rules disputes sometimes arise but very very rarely is there
blatant cheating.  Scales are always available for disputes or entrants
usage (although we'd have to actually go get them out of someone's
motorhome), we just don't see the need to require their usage at every event
just to keep folks honest.  Keep in mind that ours is a 4 event series but
only the last (usually) event is the actual Championship Event.  We award
trophies for those who participate in the entire series and for the
Championship Event (which is simultaneously run as a series and a
stand-alone event) by itself too.  At the Championship event scales are
used.

We here in the Midwest Division are more laid back than a lot of other
regions and consequently I think we have much more fun because of it.  No, I
KNOW we have more fun than most other regions!!!  What other region can
literally, over the phone, put together an entire smooth running and fun
event in 2 weeks?

Yes some folks will cheat, but they know they're cheaters and they're going
to Hell because of it.  ;^)  I can also guarantee you that any such cheaters
are not having as much fun as the rest of us are and that alone is justice.

Maybe it's because we're in the heart of the Bible Belt and we're just a
little better than that.  :^P

Eric (scales?  yeah, like I'll be underweight) Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 STS    #13 TLS
knuckledragger@kcweb.net
ICQ#101282513