Re: Scales at Mid-Div

To: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>,
Subject: Re: Scales at Mid-Div
From: "Kevin Stevens" <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 12:58:01 -0700
> In our Divisional series -- and perhaps somewhat because we are a smaller
> Division -- I don't see much need for weighing my competitors. I know who is
> likely to be there in my class -- Bill, Bo, Jeff, maybe Dick, remote
> possibility of Ron, perhaps some with co-drivers. Mostly I've been running
> against these same guys for years, I know them, trust them, have no need to
> hassle them. I have seen them be compliant on numerous occasions and have
> NEVER seen them fail to be compliant. As an individual competitor, I have no
> need to force them to cross a scale. Now if some stranger showed up that we
> thought was fishy, and we suspected of being underweight, we could file a
> protest and find scales (Sam probably has them with her). But chances are
> even if we had a visitor from RMDiv, CenDiv or SWDiv, we'd still be familiar
> with him -- and probably know that car had been weight and was legal at
> Nationals last year.

And if a stranger showed up, how would s/he know about all of YOU?  If they
had a concern, now they have to protest a bunch of cars, and suffer the
resulting slings and arrows, just to get to a confidence level that they have
a right to expect at any Divisional SCCA event?

Sounds a little more harsh from that perspective.

KeS