Re: New Slush Series Rules

To: john@idsfa.net, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Slush Series Rules
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:06:36 EDT
In a message dated 9/25/2000 8:04:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time, john@idsfa.net
writes:

<<  I've been impatiently waiting for October 1st to roll around, when my
 friend and I were both planning to take our cars out for our first
 autocross in a while.  He may not be current, either.  >>

Unfortunately, a decision as to how to handle our high turnouts had to be
made.  It wasn't obvious that there was going to continue to be a problem
until after the August Steering Committee meeting.  We decided to support
those people who are currently members and who have supported the SFR Solo 2
Series.

<<  Oh, well.  Maybe I'll get my card in time for event #3...

 PS - I thought that the per-event pre-registration was a good idea.
 Whatever came of that?  There's at least one region that does it.
 Email is not required, since they accept - gasp! - paper mail.  >>

We are currently discussing this.  Most regions have to pre-register 40-60
people at their events, not 250.  This isn't something we can just decide to
do, it has to be planned and staffed.  Right now, we don't have anyone who
has volunteered to pre-register 250 people, 20+ times per year, or a system
to do it with...

CHD