Re: Car show judging

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: Car show judging
From: Mike Razor <mrazor@kih.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 12:03:31 -0400
I either drive or tow a car to a show.  Depends on which car, distance, weather
and the mood I am in.  The good thing is, I am not there to compete.  I am
there because I like the people, the cars and everything that goes with it.
This includes the show, I take the time to vote in the popular choice shows.  I
will usually not vote for one that has been towed to the show.  I do the
majority of the maintenance on my cars, but there are times when I do not have
the time or correct tools, so off to the garage it goes.  For example, I am
stumped on my MGC and it went to a local garage, now they are stumped.  This
was the car I had planned to drive to Indy this weekend but it is not running
right so I will tow my TD. I almost won a trophy for the oldest car at show up
in Ohio when I drove my TD there, but at the last minute a guy towed his TC in
an enclosed trailer, pushed it out, picked up the trophy and pushed the car
back in the trailer.  I was not upset at not getting the trophy but the fact
that the guy was there all of one hour tops and then just to get the trophy.
So I guess the bottom line is that it does not bother me if a car is towed or
driven, gets an award but just as long as they are there.
Just had to put my 2 cents in.
Mike R