Re: Car Show Judging

To: <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Car Show Judging
From: "Edwin McCarroll" <emccarroll@mco.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 15:30:47 -0400
Over the years I have been taking cars to shows I have won some 1st and sundry
other awards.   I have never restored a car for the sole purpose of showing it
and prefer to drive them to shows when I can.   Most of the awards I have
received are somewhere down in the basement collecting dust.   I also drive my
cars frequently for fun and to many local events that involve a driving
itinerary.   I have taken my 1967 Lotus 7 to shows in Columbus, Ohio - I think
the car is in good shape for a thirty something year old - but the organizers
have it competing against 1996 and 1997 Caterham 7's (Duh!).    I have gone
beyond the point of being astounded and amazed at what has merited an award
when I realize that a handy circle of friends and acquaintenances improve the
probability of winning over something better .    So I am resigned to enjoying
my cars and making new acquaintenances and making new friends and enjoying
myself independent of whatever transpires at car meets/shows.