Re: Flashing headlights is illegal??

To: John & Alecksi Graves <alecks@mscomm.com>, triumph listserv <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Flashing headlights is illegal??
From: Roger Helman <rogerh@digimation.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 09:43:36 -0500
John & Alecksi Graves wrote:

> In Germany it is actually against the law to flash a slower car now.
> Having
> lived there for 6 yrs in can tell you that it is one of the greatist
> experiences in the world to drive and survive the Autobahns. They
> still
> will flash you though, I guess out of habbit. The gov is also trying
> pass a 130 kph speed limit on the Bahn in major city areas.
> I have also driven in the UK and normally people there don't drive
> very
> aggressive. In fact most drive like they are always on a Sunday
> outing.
> I'll be going back in January and will be taking both my LBCs.
>
> Cheers,
> John Graves
> 70 GT6+

    You are not kidding. I learned to drive in Germany while My dad was
stationed in Kaiserslautern in the early 80's. You learn to merge
quickly and to check your six often. There is nothing like a sudden
realization that there is a Mercedes bearing down on you with no
intention of slowing down.

--
Roger Helman                  71 TR6 CC67866L
Digimation Inc.               http://deepthought.digimation.com/rogerh/