Re: Rear wheel steering

To: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>, <Nt788@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Rear wheel steering
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 19:14:06 -0700
Ok, Glen. do you have experience in actual steering of a rear wheel steer
car? From the note you sent, it sounds like it. What was wrong about it?
"Don't feel the same" leaves a little to be desired in the way of
explanation. What was the loss of directional stability? I seen lots of
folk, with front steer,  spin out, does that qualify as loss of directional
stability also? Just trying to get a grasp on this. No I am not building a
race car with rear steering although one day I might build a demonstrator
car for the pit area. Bet that would be a hoot and I could charge
admission...sorta like riding the mechanical bull. And for sure they do not
steer the same! But that is driver training nor car design.  Anyhoo, see ya
later...

mayf