Re: Rear wheel steering

To: <BWANA343@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear wheel steering
From: "Bill Bennett" <bennevl@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 22:26:20 -0400
Now Bob's message reminded me of something odd I saw going down the
interstate one day. Pre Stressed concrete bridge beams and they weren't on a
trailer! There was a power driver underslung up front and a rear steer unit
underslung out back. Both drivers sat in open seats with helmets below the
beams. Bout door high on a normal car. Well they were easily doing 55 or
better. With all the new electronics available, drive by wire with positive
feedback, would correct for steering direction and road feel. Hey ask KT
about fly by wire!
Bill
By the way ain't a boat rear steer?