Re: Earning Trophies? Nope.

To: Gemery@aol.com
Subject: Re: Earning Trophies? Nope.
From: Mark Shaw <autox@inficad.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 19:34:48 -0700
Gemery@aol.com wrote:
> You're not realizing much about this subject... for instance, where does a
> lone AM competitor bump to?

The discussion started with general competitors; and there is nothing to
suggest that everyone has the same options.  Somebody who starts out with
an AM car has already decided their fate.

> Appendix B (bumping order) is a suggestion for regions to use if they support
> bumping, it is NOT required, and is illegal for anything higher than regional
> events.  Not all regions use bumping (none of the ones I play in do!) and
> many use a PAX class which isn't explicitly suggested by the rulebook.

Forced bumping may not be legal, but entering your car in a higher class
is not.  All I am advocating here is that we need to open up options for
entrants to find competitors without buying another car.  Taking a hard
stand against bumping (voluntary or otherwise) doesn't help.

Mark