Re: Chrysler Taking its toys and going home???

To: "Eric Marshall" <emarshal@radiks.net>
Subject: Re: Chrysler Taking its toys and going home???
From: SunRider <SunRider@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 02:08:08 -0400
>I had tried to send a few responses privately to Phillip and also Steve
>Bernard, since I didn't think this thread was benefiting the auto-x list
>anymore.  Since it's still here though, I'll clarify this a bit for the rest

I did send you a reply I don't know why you haven't gotten it yet.
But to repost what I said somewhat. Most reputable dealers will
swap out a car for another, it's pretty easy to do unless they have
screwed all the other dealers in the area.
If that dealer doesn't have it or doesn't want to bother you
might have to travel. It was a PITA to get a Red '99 Sport
Package Miata. I got the last one in New England (I saw the list)
There were only about 6 Sport packages total in all of NE!
I did not get to drive the car before I bought it. I love the
car If I do ever get rid of it I'd want an M3! :D

>Yes there are Neon Racers in the local SCCA chapter, but I didn't autocross
>my MR2 until July of last year - about 10 months after this Neon shopping
>time frame.  I haven't been back this year (yet) due to an extra hectic
>schedule.  I hoping to make it to the last couple of events though.

I personally would like the MR2 over the Neon ACR.

>Yes, I'm geographically challenged in some respects.  The Nebraska region
>chapter of the SCCA seems pretty strong though considering.  I hope to start
>participating regularly (that's why I subscribed to this list).

Are you still planning on getting an ACR? If you are I bet a
List member could find a dealer with some left.
Good Luck either way. :)

Steve Bernard
Mass Miata Club