Re: Chrysler Taking its toys and going home???

To: "Eric Marshall" <emarshal@radiks.net>,
Subject: Re: Chrysler Taking its toys and going home???
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 00:12:50 -0700
>The point was not that they are not available TO BE ORDERED by the general
>public, but that they are not really for sale to the general public - as
>apparently no dealers in the Midwest anyhow, would stock them.  (we went to
>several)
============================
Several reasons for this.  1. They're stripped cars and 99.5% of the buying
public doesn't want a stripped car that rides rough (relatively speaking).
2.  The ACRs were priced the same as the loaded cars and since most shoppers
don't know the real deal with the ACRs they simply picked the better
equipped car for the same amount of money.  (I did just this when I
purchased my Neon R/T which was parked between two ACRs on the lot.  DOH!!)
3.  Since the ACRs don't sell well to the "dumb" public, why have them just
sitting around on your car lot and costing you overhead month after month.
4. DC ceased production of ACRs when they phased out the 1999 models.
Those are the reasons why you likely didn't find any ACRs.

To me, this makes the likelihood of anyone other than a racer
>purchasing the car almost non-existent.   I am saying that classifying this
>a "showroom stock" car is not really accurate because you won't find it in
>showrooms (as opposed to the Type-R Integra, which was in stock at the
local
>Acura dealer for 5-6 months).  This is just my opinion of course, based on
>my experiences - your results may vary.
I'll bet the reason that the Type-R sat there so long was IT'S price tag.
They're darn  close to $30K if not over.  If you can still find them, and
they are out there, brand new left over 1999 (and a few 1998s I hear) ACRs
are walking out of dealerships for less than $11K.  So your failed search
most likely was a local problem.  Certainly not a national problem.

Another difference between the two cars is that the ACRs could (when they
were being manufactured) be ordered whenever you wanted and how ever many
you wanted to buy.  Try that with the true limited production Type-R
Integras.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

she being brand new
and consequently a little stiff
i was careful of her
and having thoroughly oiled the universal joint
tested my gas
felt of her radiator
made sure her springs were ok
"she being brand new" by ee cummings